January 29, 2013

Starburst Star QAL

In the spur of a moment some major decisions are made. So when I came along this Indie Starburst star pattern I skipped all other projects I had in mind and started going along. Contacted Melissa Corry who made the pattern asking if I still could join. Wouldn't be a problem, so there I was looking through my stash, searching and deciding what fabrics and colors would do for me. I wasn't going to buy new ones.  Good idea to start with...

This is what I came up with. Don't you think it's pretty beautiful? A combination of Java Prints and Batiks.



The reds and blues are quite difficult to catch for my camera. Imagine them a bit darker in the 2nd row from right, and the reds brighter. I am not quite settled on the 2nd row, there might probably some changes during the process.

For the backround I changed from black to dark blue to black again and then I found this dark blue & black batik in my stash. Super! Not enough though, so soon this will be followed by a short (;-)) visit to the batik quiltshop...
Nothing wrong though with starting to cut the Java Prints...
Almost forget: I will do the 24 inch block size. That's big enough for me.

I like to think it to be a kind of tribute to my early childhood years I spent (with my parents and 2 sisters) in Indonesia in the late fiftees. In Bogor on the beautiful island of Java to be precise.


On the special tab page on top you will find all about the QAL and the on going process, I'd like to share with you.
You may like to see also more of it on http://www.flickr.com/photos/zil3lion56lis/


No comments:

Post a Comment