February 1, 2013

Spiderwebbing

Snow melted and the sun was shining again lovely. Fresh winds were blowing all dust nests away. Blew me in the mood to do some nice talking to my sewing machine, opened it up a bit and acted like the winds, with a little help from a tiny brush.

I was going to have a tutorial on Spiderweb Quilting, the first steps of creating a star point, the next morning.
It was sheduled at The Stitch Cottage, The Hague, and Jantine Urban was going to teach and tell us all about it.

It was fun and not too difficult. Can't wait to take it a step further, but my schedule of commitments is rather 'thick' these days. Too much going on, not only nice things. Like playing music and going to some other music. That was and is the nice part of it all, folks!

Anyway, this is what I came up with. Most scraps and fat quarters from my stash, but some greens from the shop longed to come along, couldn't resist it. Weak!

Haven't had time yet to bicycle all the way to the other quilt shop in town to get some more dark blue batik for my QAL. Maybe tomorrow. Fingers are tickling to go on with it.... (Sorry if my English is sometimes a bit (!) double Dutch for you. I am learrrning, that's the whole point! ;-))


Thinking of doing also some like this:


And I am sure on the go I will come up with some more exciting combinations, like some kind of red and more golden stripes, maybe blue middle points in the spiderweb. Even golden ones. Just anything what catches my eyes and makes me happy. The big star in the middle is going to be in two shades, greenish and blue-ish, you can just see a wee bit under the right wing. There will be also more darker blue and lighter blue combinations. At least that's what I am thinking now. This is definitely a project where everything will and can change during the process. Don't you agree?

Jantine is great in explaining and letting us do our own thing. I totally forgot to picture the choices of the other girls. Next time, new chances!
Jantine Urban and here fab red spiderweb.

Daphne and Angelica very busy at The Stitch Cottage.

My piece of cake...
Hope to give you later on more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment